this is spectacular. i have made it twice for 2 different groups of people and everyone has loved it. each serving(not including any additional toppings) is less than 100 calories. the polenta can be made ahead and refrigerated to save time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1boil water and salt.
- 2add cornmeal.
- 3reduce heat to medium low and whisk until thickened about 5 minutes.
- 4whisk in about half a packet of taco seasoning and the greeen chilis.
- 5spread polenta mixture into pie pan coated with cooking spray.
- 6bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 7mix beans and cheese and spread on top of polenta.
- 8bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- 9let cool 5 minutes prior to slicing.
- 10top with taco garnishes such as fat free sour cream, jalepeno slices, chopped tomato, onion,and black olives.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Mexican Polenta Pie
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.4
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 105.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free cheddar cheese