Recipe by KristenErinM
this is spectacular. i have made it twice for 2 different groups of people and everyone has loved it. each serving(not including any additional toppings) is less than 100 calories. the polenta can be made ahead and refrigerated to save time.
Top Review by KT~Lynn
Sorry, I wasn't a fan. Reading everyone's suggestions I added meat to mine. The meat mixture was good but the cornbread it's self was not. I think it would be very good it you made the cornbread by the directions then added the mixture on top. This just didn't do it for me.
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal (i use stone ground which is coarse)
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) candrained black beans
- 3⁄4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces green chilies
- taco seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- boil water and salt.
- add cornmeal.
- reduce heat to medium low and whisk until thickened about 5 minutes.
- whisk in about half a packet of taco seasoning and the greeen chilis.
- spread polenta mixture into pie pan coated with cooking spray.
- bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- mix beans and cheese and spread on top of polenta.
- bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- let cool 5 minutes prior to slicing.
- top with taco garnishes such as fat free sour cream, jalepeno slices, chopped tomato, onion,and black olives.