Recipe by Lyss the nutritionist
This pizza uses whole wheat tortillas as its base.. its full of fresh chopped veggies, black beans, and mango!! Top with salsa for a delicious, light and healthy mexican dish!
Top Review by AmandaInOz
Delicious! I used kidney beans in place of black beans and chose the pineapple option, otherwise made as stated, and these made for a fantastic, quick and healthy lunch. I was surprised at home much we enjoyed the cold cottage cheese on top, but it really works! Yum! Thanks for posting!
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup black beans, pureed
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, Sliced
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, Sliced
- 1⁄4 cup corn, canned
- 1⁄4 cup spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup mango, sliced (pineapple works too)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cottage cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice tomatoes, bell peppers, and pineapples/mangoes.
- Stack and bake tortillas at 350 for a few minutes or until crispy.
- Using a food processor, puree black beans and spread on the tortilla, place spinach leaves on top of the beans and add pineapple/mango, sliced vegetables, corn and salsa.
- Sprinkle cheese and oregano all over and put back in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and pizza heats up all over. Top with cool salsa and cottage cheese.