1/1 Photo of Healthy Mexican Chicken Strips
I originally got this idea watching Aaron McCargo on the food network. Of course, his were fried and I am trying to watch my weight. After a few attempts, I have come up with this super easy baked version. I figured out the nutrition facts for four servings, including chips, and it comes out to about 295 calories and 10 grams of fat per serving (approximately 2.5 strips).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2In a food processor, combine cheese, crushed corn chips and taco seasoning.
- 3Place in a shallow dish (a pie pan works nicely).
- 4In another shallow dish, combine egg substitute and hot sauce.
- 5One at a time, dip chicken strips in egg substitute mix; completely coat the chicken strip.
- 6Completely coat in corn chip mixture.
- 7Place strips in a 9x13 pan coated with non-stick spray.
- 8Once all chicken strips are coated and in the pan, spray with more non-stick spray (I use canola oil).
- 9Bake strips for about 30 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Mexican Chicken Strips
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.6
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 85.2 mg
- Sodium 321.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 29.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: