Recipe by sbera007
I originally got this idea watching Aaron McCargo on the food network. Of course, his were fried and I am trying to watch my weight. After a few attempts, I have come up with this super easy baked version. I figured out the nutrition facts for four servings, including chips, and it comes out to about 295 calories and 10 grams of fat per serving (approximately 2.5 strips).
Top Review by Kerry G
Delicious! When you say "corn chips" my husband thinks Fritos, so that's what he bought instead of tortilla chips. It pretty much tasted like home-make chili cheese Fritos once we added the spices and cheese, and it was very tasty. Next time we'll make it with tortilla chips to see which version we like better, but this will definitely be added to our repertoire!
- 1⁄2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup corn chips, blue (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (I use Penzey's Bold Taco Seasoning)
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (I use Cholula)
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders (or cut up boneless skinless chicken breasts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, combine cheese, crushed corn chips and taco seasoning.
- Place in a shallow dish (a pie pan works nicely).
- In another shallow dish, combine egg substitute and hot sauce.
- One at a time, dip chicken strips in egg substitute mix; completely coat the chicken strip.
- Completely coat in corn chip mixture.
- Place strips in a 9x13 pan coated with non-stick spray.
- Once all chicken strips are coated and in the pan, spray with more non-stick spray (I use canola oil).
- Bake strips for about 30 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.