1/5 Photos of Healthy Mediterranean Appetizers
You may make each of these four recipes separately and serve separately but they are so eye appealling all arranged on one platter. There is no cooking involved and you may make them ahead. The tuna tomatoes, and shrimp must be refrigerated until serving. The melon may be served ice cold or at room temperature. The dates are best at room temperature Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 pitted dates
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves (apprx 6 leaves)
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 24 pistachio nuts, shelled
SHRIMP AND ONION
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 12 small pickled pearl onions
- 12 pieces green bell peppers, 3/4-inch square
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
TUNA IN CHERRY TOMATOES
- 1DATE INSTRUCTIONS:.
- 2Place the mint, feta and pistachio nuts in a mini chopper, chop until well mixed and finely chopped or you may chop by hand.
- 3Spread the dates open and fill with the stuffing mix. Press the mixture down so it is firmly pressed together and fills the date, close the date so only a portion of the filling shows.
- 4Serve at room temperature.
- 5MELON PICK INSTRUCTIONS:.
- 6Peel the melon and remove the seeds.
- 7Cut 24 cubes 1/2" x 1/2" (use remaining melon for another recipe).
- 8Place melon cubes in a zip lock bag and pour in the Ouzo (or you may place the melon, in one layer on an edged plate and pour in the ouzo).
- 9Flip the bag or rotate the cubes in the dish so the Ouzo covers all sides,.
- 10Marinate for at least 2 hours or longer.
- 11Thread a cube of melon on a toothpick, then a piece of date and one more melon cube.
- 12These may be refrigerated or served at room temperature.
- 13SHRIMP AND ONION INSTRUCTIONS:.
- 14Thread a shrimp, pearl onion & piece of pepper on a toothpick.
- 15Lightly dust with paprika.
- 16Refrigerate until serving.
- 17TUNA IN CHERRY TOMATO INSTRUCTIONS:.
- 18Remove the tops of the tomatoes, carefully scoop out the seeds and pulp.
- 19Discard seeds and chop the pulp (there will be very little to chop).
- 20Place the yogurt in a fine strainer and allow it to drip drain for approximately 1/2 hour.
- 21Combine Tuna, tomato pulp,capers and drainedYogurt.
- 22Season with Salt & Pepper.
- 23Fill the tomatoes with the tuna mixture, sprinkle tops with parsley.
- 24Refrigerate until serving.
- 25Arrange the four appetizers on a large platter in an artful manner so the shapes and colors compliment each other.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Mediterranean Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.8
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 225.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 40.3 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pickled pearl onions