Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I’m usually against improvising in the kitchen, but there are things which can be altered in a ‘traditional’ recipe. This is healthier because the meatballs are not fried in oil, but cooked in the oven, using a non-stick baking paper. Again, if you really like a certain ingredient you can add extra: i.e. meat, onion, etc. I personally put lots of dill, because it gives a nice flavour. This is the way I make my meatballs:
- 800 g minced meat (mixed beef and or or pork and or or lamb)
- 1 big onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 egg
- 70 g tomato puree
- dill, parsley, cayenne pepper, curry powder
- salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Make small ovals using your hands, slightly wet.
- Put them on non-stick baking paper in a pre-heater oven at 180 minutes for 40 minutes or until they look crispy.
- Serve with salad, flat bread or pita bread, mustard.