Recipe by MsSally
These meat balls go well with the Easy Low-Fat Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce. I cook these in the microwave in a steamer. This way the fat drains off. I usually rinse these a little also. This recipe came out of a want to have spaghetti and meatballs without all of the fat. These balls freeze great.
Top Review by BrendaThurston67
The meatballs were not as tender as I would have liked, but they tasted great with the sauce I used. We had over spaghetti squash for something different. We enjoyed it and I love the fact that it is low fat. Thank you!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together and form into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Put in top of steamer basket.
- Put 1/4 cup water in bottom of steamer. Cover and cook 5 to 8 mins on high or until cooked through.
- Rinse under HOT water for about 5 minutes.
- Use in normal way you would use meatballs.
- To freeze, flash freeze meatballs and then place in a freezer bag. Use as many or as few as needed.
- Makes about 20 meatballs 3 per serving.