Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a good recipe for a healthy alternative to mayo. Key ingredients are yogurt and egg.
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- Put the egg and flavorings into a blender or food processor, or beat with a whisk until fully combined.
- Gradually add the yogurt with the machine running, or while beating. Continue until the mixture is thick and homogeneous.
- Variations: Substitute ground ginger for mustard and use onion powder for the garlic powder. Add a tablespoon of any chopped fresh herb. Use pinch of ground turmeric to color. Add zest of one lemon to the mixture or add a tiny pinch of citric acid crystals.