Top Review by Chance777
This sauce was so easy and very tasty. I triple the amount and put it in the crockpot on low all day long, it made all the spices and all blend very well. Thanx for a great easy recipe!!
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, peeled
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons oregano (or more, to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cooking wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree tomatoes and tomato paste in a blender or food processor.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil briefly, and add garlic. Saute 15 seconds, being careful not to let it brown.
- Add pureed tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper, and wine. Bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- Makes 13 servings