Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
S easy and great to have in the fridge for a quick weekday breakfast.
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix all ingredients together and place in an 8x8 baking dish.
- Cook at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with milk if desired.
We loved this baked oatmeal! It's quick and easy to assemble, so it's perfect when you need to get breakfast on the table in a hurry. I used old-fashions oats instead of quick cooking, and pecans instead of walnuts. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper! **Made for 2014 Spring PAC**
This one is a keeper, only change I made was in using sugar free maple syrup. I'm going to experiment with adding grated apple or canned pumpkin to the oatmeal mixture. Made ahead it's a quick breakfast for the next morning. Thanks for posting !