Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An adapted, lower fat version of Mango Chicken that is full of veggies and served over brown rice.
- 15 ounces chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 10 ounces white mushrooms
- 1 white onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 mangoes, ripe
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 lime, juice of, squeezed
- 1 dash red chili pepper flakes
- 1 dash kosher salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups brown rice, cooked
- Dice the raw chicken, spray the pan with PAM and cook until tender, remove from heat.
- Dice in big chunks the onion, mushrooms, and peppers and toss in the wok or large frying pan on medium high heat until cooked.
- In a separate saucepan, crush garlic and add sliced mangoes, lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, chili flakes and brown sugar. Simmer and stir on low heat until flavors meld.
- Serve all over brown rice.
I made this recipe for my husband and I this evening, and we were very pleased. I'll definitely make it again! My favorite part was the delicious mango chutney. I think it'd be tasty over a pork chop as well.
YUM! Big on flavour, low on calories and fat. Red pepper flakes give it great heat that the sweet mango tempers. Definitely a keeper, thanks for sharing!