Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love macaroni and cheese! I've been looking for a healthy replacement of the old from the box standard. I heard you could mix in veggies and that sounds like a plus! I copied this recipe, but wanted to know the nutrition facts for a low-fat cheese.
- 1 cup whole wheat pasta
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded very fine
- 1⁄4 cup broccoli floret, chopped very fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and place back into boiling pot.
- Leave burner on low-med.
- Do not rinse.
- Add olive oil and salt to noodles and stir to cover noodles.
- Add carrots and broccoli and stir.
- Add cheese.
- Stir until melted over low-med heat.
Mmmmmmm, this is such a yummy recipe!!!! I luved the addition of shredded carrot and brokkoli as well as the use of whole grain pasta. The carrot made the dish a little sweetish and the pasta added a nutty taste. So good! While this is simple and easy to prepare, it certainly does not taste plain. I used whole spelt spaetzle pasta and decided to leave my brokkoli in bigger chunks. Other than that I stuck to your recipe and loved it! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing it here with us!