Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a variation from a recipe in allrecipes.com. A delicious and healthy snack for when you're on the run, or simply to indulge!
- 2 cups muesli
- 1⁄4 cup honey (Use light syrup for the vegan version.)
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup dried fruit, of your choice in bits
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, of your choice chopped in small pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine honey, tahini, cinnamon, nuts, and dried fuit in a bowl and mix well. Add the muesli and mix well until you get a hard dough. It may not all stick together, this is fine.
- Take portions into a sushi roller lined with wax paper and form into 4" bars by rolling and pressing. Once the desired formed is reached, open the roller, cut the edges off and carefully place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Once finished with all the bars bake for 10 minutes. This is important: they are still tender when hot so let the bars cool for at least 15 minutes before transfering to a cooling rack, then let them cool completely before removing them so that they don't break.
- Store in your refrigerator and enjoy!
Great Recipe! I found that it would make about 8 good size servings.