Recipe by Seeker of Healthy Muffins
These are some of the healthiest muffins around that will help you snooze at night. This is a recipe from yahoo.com that was in an article about foods that help you fall asleep. It can be found here: http://food.yahoo.com/blog/beautyeats/746/top-10-foods-for-a-good-night-s-sleep
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 large bananas
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup soymilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour (make sure it's whole-wheat pastry flour or you'll produce golf balls, not muffins), salt, and baking powder.
- In a blender, puree the bananas; add the applesauce, honey, and milk. Blend well.
- Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Line muffin tins with paper muffin cups, pour in batter, and bake 30 minutes or until tops are lightly brown and slightly springy.