Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
These great pancakes are so healthy for you! They are so delicious and, in my opinion, if i were to be fed these i would not be able to tell that they are enything other then your regular classic buttermilk pancakes. Enjoy warm with fresh fruit and plenty of syrup to sweeten ;)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon additional lemon juice
- Combine the 2 milks and the 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Sift together the flour, bran, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, orange zest, and sugar into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and lemon juice, and additional 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk together until there are no more lumps.
- Spray a preheated (to proper pancake temperature) griddle with Pam.
- Cook pancakes on griddle.