In my ongoing weight loss journey I have had to find ways of adapting my favorite dishes to be healthier and lower in fat. This is my new coleslaw recipe that cuts out most of the fat and packs in some more healthy goodness with the sprouts. I use home grown (it only takes 3 days!) mung bean sprouts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use a food processor to shred cabbage and carrots.
- 2Transfer shredded veggies to a big bowl and mix in the bean sprouts.
- 3In separate bowl mix together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar and lemon juice. Stir until the mixture is well blended.
- 4Fold the wet mixture into the veggie bowl and gently make sure that all veggies are coated in the mixture.
- 5Chill in the fridge for about an hour for best results but you could eat straight away if you wanted.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Low Fat Veggie Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.2
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 2.9 mg
- Sodium 230.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar