Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
In my ongoing weight loss journey I have had to find ways of adapting my favorite dishes to be healthier and lower in fat. This is my new coleslaw recipe that cuts out most of the fat and packs in some more healthy goodness with the sprouts. I use home grown (it only takes 3 days!) mung bean sprouts.
- 7 ounces white cabbage
- 7 ounces red cabbage
- 7 ounces carrots
- 2 ounces fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Use a food processor to shred cabbage and carrots.
- Transfer shredded veggies to a big bowl and mix in the bean sprouts.
- In separate bowl mix together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar and lemon juice. Stir until the mixture is well blended.
- Fold the wet mixture into the veggie bowl and gently make sure that all veggies are coated in the mixture.
- Chill in the fridge for about an hour for best results but you could eat straight away if you wanted.