Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is posted for the ZWT and is adapted from the book “Quick and Healthy “Recipes and Ideas” Low calorie version of an old favourite. Consistency will be thinner than the original, but the taste should be the same. ZWT REGION: USA.
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 pint buttermilk (470 ml)
- Blend all the seasoning together with the yogurt and mayonnaise.
- Add the buttermilk and blend well.
- Keeps (refrigerated) for several weeks.
It was good. I doubled the herbs however it is very runny. I was not sure what to use it with so I made ranch flavored mashed potatoes with it and still have 2.5 cups left. I thought it would be a good soup base. Any other suggestions or a way to thicken it would be great. I think I will try another recipe next time.
What can you say, it doesn't hardly have fat, but it's pretty good. It's a bit sweet due to the Miracle Whip(reduced calorie/fat). I added some cayenne and season salt to help cut the sweet, maybe I'll try Old Bay next time or a chicken buillon cube.I feel you could try various things maybe some apple cider vinegar. I calculated WW points based on the Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup is 3 points- 1/4 cup is 1.5 points- not too shabby.