1/1 Photo of Healthy Low-Fat Penne Alfredo (Or Linguine)
I Can't Believe It's Healthy's Note:
This is a great alfredo with a light kick! A delicious dinner served with rolls and margarine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 teaspoons reduced fat margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon fat free cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (Heaping tbsps, or to taste)
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat penne (or other whole wheat noodle)
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large pot bring water to a boil then cook whole wheat penne while making sauce.
- 2In large saucepan, sauté garlic and green onion in margarine, then stir in the evaporated milk, fat-free cream cheese, cayenne, and parsley. Allow cream cheese to melt.
- 3Combine cornstarch and water separately until there are no lumps, and pour into milk mixture. Mix and poke at any cornstarch lumps until the sauce is smooth again.
- 4Cook for 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Add parmesan cheese and stir just until incorperated.
- 5Remove from the heat and continue stirring parmesan cheese until melted, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Pour over cooked and drained pasta and serve. Redfridgerate any leftovers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Low-Fat Penne Alfredo (Or Linguine)
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.8
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.8 mg
- Sodium 274.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free cream cheese