Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I altered the ingredients to make a lasagna for the more health-conscious. My boyfriend is not a health freak but LOVED this dish. Very easy to freeze leftovers and just pop back in the oven for 1.5 hours when you want to have it again for dinner. Let me know what you think! --_^
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (46 ounce) jar Ragu tomato sauce or 1 (46 ounce) jarother pasta sauce
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 16 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 (1 lb) package lasagna noodle, cooked
- In a large saucepan, cook ground turkey, onion& garlic in a combination of the oil and nonstick cooking spray. Add sauce and simmer 15 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix ricotta,1 cup mozzarella, all of Parmesan and the eggstirs.
- In 9x13 baking dish, layer 2 cups sauce, half of noodles, half of remaining sauce, all of ricotta mixture, half of what is left of the mozzarella, remaining noodles & sauce.
- Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray and bake at 350 F for 45 minutes or until hot.
- Uncover, top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan on top, let cool down for 15 minutes, and Enjoy your healthy, yet delectable, meal -- with plenty of leftovers to boot!
This was amazing! Thank you for the recipe!
Made this for my boyfriend who is SUPER picky about food and he loved it! I added some spinach when browning the meet and it was a great addition!
I followed the recipe exactly except I just added about a cup or so of thawed spinach that I had in the fridge. dd loved it and there was none left. It was so easy to put together and I'll make it for a pot-luck dinner next month.