Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This looks divine... I got it from mayoclinic.com. Cant wait to try it!
Make and share this Healthy Low-Fat Creamy Potato Apple Brie Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced leek (whites only)
- 4 granny smith apples, cored, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 6 small potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 ounces brie cheese, cut into small cubes
- Spray a soup pot with cooking spray, then add the onion, leeks and quartered apples, sauteing over medium heat until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, bay leaf, salt and thyme, bringing to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove the bay leaf, and turn off heat and set the mixture aside.
- While the broth mixture is cooking, combine the evaporated milk and potatoes in a separate saucepan then cook over medium heat until the potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour the potato mixture into the soup pot. Stir to mix evenly.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the soup in batches until smooth, adding the pieces of brie cheese while pureeing.
- Return the pureed batch to the soup pot and heat until warmed through. Serve immediately.