Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and quick to make, this low-fat chicken salad is super-healthy, too.
- 12 ounces apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 (6 ounce) chicken breast fillets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 12 ounces cos lettuce, washed
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Place the chicken fillets on a board, cover with plastic wrap. Use the end of a rolling pin to gently beat the chicken until it is ¼ inch thick all over.
- Brush the griddle pan with a little of the oil, then heat until it is really hot. Add the chicken and cook for 8-10 mins turning once until charred on both sides. Set aside.
- Brush the griddle pan with a little of the oil, then heat until it is really hot. Add the apple slices and cook for 2-3 mins turning once until charred on both sides. Set aside.
- Meanwhile cook the beans in a pan of boiling water for 3-4mins or until just tender. Drain, rinse in cold water and drain.
- Tear the lettuce into pieces, place in salad bowl, add the tomatoes, beans, onion and half the cilantro.
- To make the dressing, mix the remaining cilantro with the remaining oil, lime rind and juice, honey and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken and apples to the salad and toss, adding the dressing.
This salad was spectacular! Beautifully delicious, really. I made just a couple changes... I used a no salt seasoning on the chicken while grilling, used one sweet onion and grilled it as well and subbed spinach for the cos. I grilled this on a panini grill and had the kids munching on green beans while everything cooked... it couldn't have been easier and more delicious. Thank you for posting such a delightful recipe. P.S. My hubby suggested adding cashews next time for some more crunch!