I am busy, busy, busy! And I usually don't allow myself much time in the morning for breakfast, so I developed a quick, healthy, and delicious breakfast sandwich that keeps me going until lunch! I recently purchased the Ziploc version of the foodsaver, and IT WORKS GREAT!!! (I had a foodsaver, and it broke, and I wasn't spending another $150!) I make these sandwiches ahead of time (really easy), seal them in the Ziploc foodvac, and freeze them until ready to eat. Give it a try!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- 2Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Beat the egg in a small bowl and add salt, pepper and/or a dash of milk (for a fluffier egg).
- 4Cook the egg over med-low heat in an omelette style fashion (meaning, don't scramble the egg, but let it take the shape of the pan).
- 5Flip and cook on the other side.
- 6Assemble the sandwich -- English muffin bottom, egg (folded to fit), turkey bacon, cheese, English muffin top.
- 7The sandwich can then be place in the toaster oven or convection oven to toast the bread and melt the cheese -- However.
- 8I like to make as many of these as I can, foodvac them, and freeze them. In the morning while I'm getting ready, I pop one in the convection oven at about 375 degrees and in 15 minutes I have a sandwich better than they can make at McDonalds -- To-Go!
- 10Note: Sorry if the instructions were lengthy for such a simplistic recipe!
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy, Low-Fat Breakfast Sandwich "on-The-Go"
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.9
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 217.3 mg
- Sodium 661.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 18.9 g