1/1 Photo of Healthy Low-Fat Black Bean Veggie Burgers
I Can't Believe It's Healthy's Note:
This is the first veggie burger I have ever tried and I was very impressed. I am not vegetarian, But I really enjoyed these! I don't know how these compare up to other black bean burgers, but I know these are super cheap, healthy, and very yummy! I found this recipe somewhere on Google and changed it to my tastes. I don't think they will hold up enough to be just thrown on the BBQ because these are soft burgers, but if you refrigerate your leftovers they are nice and firm and work in the oven or BBQ the next day after they were fried. Don't be scared to lightly fry these because they are so low fat anyways, so you still aren't hurting yourself! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, mash the beans until almost smooth (or puree with the onions).
- 2Add onions and the rest of the ingredients, except the oil, adding the flour a tablespoon at a time until the mixture is at your desired consistency.
- 3Form bean mixture into flat patties and fry patties in a small amount of oil until slightly firm.
- 4Serve topped with hummus or a Greek feta salad salad dressing, spread on a whole wheat bun. I tried these with the usual ketchup and they weren't nearly as good -- trust me.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Low-Fat Black Bean Veggie Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.9
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 50.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: