This is a great, chewy baked oatmeal recipe that is loaded with fruit! Bananas, apples, blueberries, and a hint of orange make this a great breakfast choice... not to mention low-fat, lower-calorie, lower sugar, and high-fibre!
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄3 cup chunky applesauce (if you only have smooth applesauce, use 1/4 applesauce diced apples to make up the rest of the 1/3 c)
- finely diced apple, to make up the rest of the 1/3 cup
- 1⁄3 cup chunky mashed banana (coarsly mashed so there are still chunks)
- 3⁄8 teaspoon banana extract (banana flavour)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries, can be subbed for other berries
- Mix all ingredients and pour into a lightly greased 8x8 dish the night before. Cover and refridgerate until morning.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Bake 30-45 minutes.
- Serve topped with extra skim milk, maple syrup to sweeten, and additional berries.