Heathy moist apple oatmeal muffins with a pretty garnish of sliced apple on top. Recipe from Apple & Pear Australia Ltd.
- Soak the oats, apple juice, sugar and vanilla for 30 minutes.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, grated apple and cinnamon.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites; Spoon into 12 muffin tins.
- Top muffins with 2 sliced apple wedges (cut quarters of apple into 3 or 4 wedges) and bake at 170° C (338°F) for 25 - 30 minutes until muffins and cooked though and golden.
- Cool in pan for a few minutes, then remove from pan and cool on wire rack.