South Beach Diet friendly - Phase III I like to add Splenda to the crepes and/or filling. But this is the original recipe from South Beach Diet cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup kamut flour
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour or 2 tablespoons whole grain pastry flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup tsps water
- 1 -2 teaspoon water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons transfat-free margarine
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese or 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese, at room temperature, excess liquid drained
- 2 cups pitted sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1In large bowl, combine flours and salt.
- 2In small bowl, whisk together apple juice, 1/2 c water, egg, and 2 tsp of margarine. Whisk into flour mixture until smooth batter.
- 3Melt 1 tsp of remaining margarine in 8" nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour 3 Tbs of batter into skillet and tilt to coat the bottom with thin layer of batter. (If too thick, add 1-2 Tbs water).
- 4Cook the first side for 1 min or until lightly browned. Turn and cook the second side for 30-60 seconds. Slide crepe onto plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Continue making crepes in same fashion, adding the last teaspoon of margarine to pan after making the second crepe.
- 5Place crepe on plate, attractive side down. Arrange 1/4 c of cheese and 1/2 c cherries in a line in the center of crepe and fold in quarters. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 crepes.
- 6Drizzle with syrup.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Low-Carb Cottage Cheese Cherry Crepes - South Beach Diet
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.1
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 365.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free maple syrup