Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Low in calories and fat but not in taste!
- 6 chicken breasts, 5oz each, boneless, skinless
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 teaspoons parsley, fresh, minced
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and white pepper; rub over chicken. In a skillet, over medium high heat, brown the chicken in butter. Transfer the chicken to a 5-quart slow cooker. Add water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon to the skillet; bring to a boil. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Add parsley. Cover and cook 15-30 minutes longer. If desired, thicken the cooking juices. Serve with brown rice.
This was both very easy to make and delicious. I used skinless, bone-in chicken breasts since that's what I had in the freezer. I'll be making this again. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2011