Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A low calorie and low fat muffin that is great for breakfast.
Make and share this Healthy Lemon Blueberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄3 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 lemon, zested
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place oats in a food processor, pulse until oats resemble coarse meal. Place in a large bowl and add flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Combine buttermilk, oil, lemon juice, zest, vanilla and egg.
- Add to flour mixture, stir just until moist.
- Toss berries with 1 tbsp flour, and gently fold into batter.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from pans immediately and cool on a wire rack.