Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
YUMMMM!!! Made these this weekend for fun. Found it online...somewhere, when I was printing out tons of recipes for things like this last weekend. Hope you like them!
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 32 creamy chocolate-covered mint candies (such as Junior Mints, about 3 ounces)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat bottom of an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine butter and mints in a 2 cup glass measure; microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or until soft.
- Stir until smooth, and set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, egg, and egg white in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended.
- Add mint mixture; beat well.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool completely on a wire rack.
- NOTE: Two large (1. 5 ounce) mints or 6 miniature chocolate-covered peppermint patties (such as York) may be substituted for 32 junior mints.
i modified this recipe slightly but they turned out quite well. i made them into brownie bites by putting them in a 24 hole mini muffin pan. i also had fun sized chocolates left over from a box of favourites so i left out the mints and halved the chocolate instead which were really yummy. i baked them for 10 mins and they did turn out kinda cakeish but still thought they tasted good :) great healthier alternative to fatty, sugary brownies and good way to use up mints or chocolates haha
These sounded great, but I was disappointed. I had to bake mine several minutes longer than recommended to get anything close to a 'clean' toothpick. Mine came out more cake-like than brownie-like. I expected more of a minty-chocolate taste than I got. Mine was just subtly minty and not really chocolatey at all. Just not what I expected.