YUMMMM!!! Made these this weekend for fun. Found it online...somewhere, when I was printing out tons of recipes for things like this last weekend. Hope you like them!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat bottom of an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine butter and mints in a 2 cup glass measure; microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or until soft.
- Stir until smooth, and set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, egg, and egg white in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended.
- Add mint mixture; beat well.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool completely on a wire rack.
- NOTE: Two large (1. 5 ounce) mints or 6 miniature chocolate-covered peppermint patties (such as York) may be substituted for 32 junior mints.