Betty Lovestoeat's Note:
I got this recipe from the August 2008 issue of Good Housekeeping Magazine. It's an easy, nice light version of key lime pie and I made it for my husband who loves this dessert. He truly enjoyed this version. I used a store bought reduced fat graham cracker crust just for convenience. Also, I used regular fat sweetened condensed milk because that is what I had on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups low fat graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons trans fat-free extra-light vegetable oil spread (60-70% oil)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 20 -22 key limes or 4 -5 regular limes
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups plain fat-free yogurt
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a 9-inch glass pie plate, mix crumbs with spread, sugar, and salt to moisten. With hand, press onto bottom and up sides of pie plate. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden. Cool until ready to fill.
- 3Meanwhile, to 1-quart saucepan, add water; sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand 2 minutes to soften. Cook on low to dissolve, stirring. Remove from heat.
- 4From limes, grate 2 teaspoons peel and squeeze 1/2 cup juice; if using key limes, do not use grated peel - it will make filling taste bitter. In bowl, whisk lime peel and juice, milk, and yogurt. Whisk in gelatin mixture.
- 5Spoon filling into crust. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours to set.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Key Lime Pie
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 61.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low fat graham cracker crumbs
trans fat-free extra-light vegetable oil spread
fat-free sweetened condensed milk