Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that I found on another website and made a few of my own adjustments.
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 lb turkey breast, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3 cups rinsed and chopped kale, stems removed
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- salt (I omit the salt) (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the chicken broth in a 9-10 inch non-stick skillet.
- Saute the onion in the broth over medium heat for approximately 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic, chopped turkey and cook for an additional 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add kale and reduce heat to low.
- Continue to cook covered for approximately 5 minutes.
- Beat egg substitute with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour evenly over kale mixture.
- Cover and cook on low heat until almost set, approximately 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Allow cheese to melt.
- Cut in half and serve with muffins and fresh fruit for a very filling brunch.
This was awesome! Full of flavor and not too "healthy" tasting even though it is very healthy! I used canadian bacon instead of turkey but otherwise followed the recipe with some fresh kale from the garden. It's a great South Beach Diet/Low Carb Friendly breakfast. Delish! Thanks for posting!