Delicious way to eat your veggies! I Love the flavors in this and my kids gobbled it up. We like to eat it over brown rice, but I think it would be nice on its own as well. Recipe created by hubby Jason.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 small zucchini (small to medium size)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup vegetarian chicken broth or 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- cooked brown rice (optional)
- Heat canola oil in pan with zuccini on medium high until they begin to brown.
- Move zuccini one side of the pan, add more oil, and cook garlic for about 3-5 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except optional walnuts and brown rice!) and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Take off the stove and stir in the walnuts if using them.
- Serve and enjoy by itself or over cooked brown rice.