1/3 Photos of Healthy Italian Style Zucchini and Tomato Stir Fry
Delicious way to eat your veggies! I Love the flavors in this and my kids gobbled it up. We like to eat it over brown rice, but I think it would be nice on its own as well. Recipe created by hubby Jason.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 small zucchini (small to medium size)
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup vegetarian chicken broth or 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- cooked brown rice (optional)
- 1Heat canola oil in pan with zuccini on medium high until they begin to brown.
- 2Move zuccini one side of the pan, add more oil, and cook garlic for about 3-5 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- 3Add all remaining ingredients (except optional walnuts and brown rice!) and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- 4Take off the stove and stir in the walnuts if using them.
- 5Serve and enjoy by itself or over cooked brown rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Italian Style Zucchini and Tomato Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.4
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 378.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian chicken broth