1/3 Photos of Healthy Italian Style Zucchini and Tomato Stir Fry
Delicious way to eat your veggies! I Love the flavors in this and my kids gobbled it up. We like to eat it over brown rice, but I think it would be nice on its own as well. Recipe created by hubby Jason.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 small zucchini (small to medium size)
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup vegetarian chicken broth or 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- cooked brown rice (optional)
- 1Heat canola oil in pan with zuccini on medium high until they begin to brown.
- 2Move zuccini one side of the pan, add more oil, and cook garlic for about 3-5 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- 3Add all remaining ingredients (except optional walnuts and brown rice!) and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- 4Take off the stove and stir in the walnuts if using them.
- 5Serve and enjoy by itself or over cooked brown rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Italian Style Zucchini and Tomato Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.4
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 378.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian chicken broth