Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Mom's version of hummus. We love this!
- 2 cups garbanzo beans
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- In food processor or blender, process garbanzo beans for 1 minute.
- Add tahini, red pepper and minced garlic while processor is still running, process 1 minute.
- With processor running add sea salt, seasonings, and lemon juice and process until creamy consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in parsley by hand.
- Serve with crackers and enjoy!
This was made using freshly cooked dried chickpeas. After processing the mixture was a little dry. I added in some of the cooking liquid and it was fine. I wasn't sure about the red pepper so wanting a bit of a kick chiptole peppers were used. Made for PAC 2011.