1/1 Photo of Healthy Household Bread
Kiwi Kathy's Note:
A delicious and nutritious bread suitable for everyday eating. I slice the bread and freeze it in a plastic bread bag so that the bread is always fresh. Preparation and cooking times do not include the rising time. This can vary according to temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve honey in water. Add yeast. Leave 10 - 15 minutes to bubble.
- 2Sift flours, adding husks left over from sifting into the sifted flour, and salt. Stir in the LSA and sunflower seeds.
- 3Add yeast mixture and oil. Knead until texture has developed. This takes about 4 - 5 minutes in the Kenwood mixer, but would take longer if doing it by hand.
- 4Grease and flour a bread tin. Place dough into tin and leave to rise.
- 5Bake at 190 degrees C for about 30 - 32 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Household Bread
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.9
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 195.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: