Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Boneless wings with a kick, that won't kill your diet.
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄4 cups corn flake crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups buffalo wing sauce
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- cooking spray
- Season chicken breasts with 1 Tbspn of cajun seasoning.
- Slice breasts into strips of equal size.
- Mix 1/2 cup of Buffalo wing sauce with the egg whites.
- Mix the remaining cajun seasoning with the corn flake crumbs.
- Dip strips into egg white mixture and then into crumb mixture.
- Place strips onto lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minute.
- Remove from oven, dip into remaining Buffalo wing sauce and return to baking sheet.
- Return to oven for 5-10 minutes.
Wow, we loved "hot wings" when in America but without a fryer we've been disapointed trying to replicate them here in Germany. We LOVED the cornflake breading (we used whole wheat flakes and they were wonderful). We also loved the fact that they were lower in calories and fat! I did add in a bit of flour just to cover the spots that the cornflakes didn't quite get. Will make this again and again.
These were a really great alternative to the traditional wings we all love so much! I would make these again but would not redip them after 20 mins of baking and just continue to cook for the full 25 - 30 mins. I found them to be less crunchy with redipping! The crunch is part of the YUM in wings!!