Recipe by TCSmoooth
Pressed Cheeseburgers the Lean & Healthy Way! I adapted this from Weight Watchers. Ground venison is leaner than even the leanest of store-bought ground beef!
- 1 lb ground venison
- 4 slices reduced-fat American cheese
- 4 slices low-fat swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Frank's red hot sauce
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 whole grain buns
- 8 sandwich dill pickles
- parkay fat-free butter-flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Special Sauce:.
- Push garlic through a garlic press and roast in a pan with Parkay butter spread until slightly browned. In a small bowl, combine roasted garlic with Miracle Whip, ground chipotle pepper, and ketchup. Stir well. Store in fridge.
- Spray the under side of both parts of each bun with Parkay butter spray. Spread Special Sauce on to under side of both parts of each bun.
- In a large bowl, combined ground meat, Frank's sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until all is well combined. Form into patties. Sprinkle coarse ground black pepper and Lawry's seasoned salt on both sides of each patty. Grill over medium heat until they are 3/4 done. Remove from grill.
- Form each sandwich in the following order, from bottom to top:.
- Bun Bottom (buttered and spread with special sauce).
- Slice of Swiss cheese.
- Burger patty.
- 2 pickles.
- Slice of American cheese.
- Top of bun (buttered and spread with Special Sauce).
- Wrap each sandwich in aluminum foil and place back on grill. Put a heavy pan or a brick or a heavy rock on top of all of the burgers so that there is pressure on them. Grill the pressed burgers for another 3-5 minutes.
- Unwrap them as you eat them. Leave each of them wrapped until they are about to be eaten (keeps the cheese and juices in).