Recipe by mermaidmagic
Taken from the Mayo Clinic Williams-Sonoma Cookbook. Wheat germ adds a nutlike texture to the crust, but without the fat.
Top Review by Cooking with Sean
Although the chicken came out super moist, even leaving off the wheat germ crust, the flavor was lacking. I had to add honey mustard salad dressing as a dipping sauce at the end. May try again and play with the ingredients to see if I can tweak it enough to keep.
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon canned apricot nectar or 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 3⁄4 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves (trimmed of fat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the wheat germ, honey, mustard, apricot nector or jam, and soy sauce until well blended.
- Arrange the chicken pieces, bone side down, on a baking sheet.
- Spread the wheat germ mixture evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Bake until the chicken is opaque throughout and the wheat germ mixture has formed a crust, 35-40 minutes.