Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This healthy version of classic ranch dressing is an excellent option for those seeking the comfort of ranch while maintaining a healthful diet! THE YOGURT MUST BE STRAINED FOR AT LEAST 20 MINUTES - LONGER IS BETTER! (Prep time includes this part, but not the refrigeration) I'm looking forward to hearing your comments!
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (real is best)
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Whisk all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate to bring the flavors together.
I thought it was delicious. I didn't have lemon juice so I omitted that. It tasted really really good. Thank you for posting.
I agree with the previous review-less lemon and some dill. I love that it has nonfat yogurt in it, I always have that in my refrigerator-seldom buy sour cream. I did forget to strain the yogurt, and I am guessing that that is the reason my dressing was a bit thick. It was very good with a salad that had bacon and shredded cheese in it. I think this would, also, be good in sandwiches or a BLT macaroni type salad. Thanks for sharing Tia Mouse:) I reviewed this for the All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag-2008.
This is a nice healthy dressing. I think it is creamy like a ranch dressing, but had more of a onion and lemon flavor than a ranch dressing. I think next time I would decrease the amount of lemon and add some dill. Thanks Tia Mouse for a wonderful healthy dressing!!!!