Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicous homemade meat sauce (you can substitute the beef with turkey)
- 1 lb lean ground beef, browned
- 2 cups water
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- dried onion, minced, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- rosemary, to taste
- 1 dash chili powder
- 1 -2 dash salt
- Brown ground beef in a pan with 1 cup of water. Once beef is well done, drain off all water. Add hot water and drain again.
- Add tomato paste and sauce to meat. Fill empty cans with water and dump into sauce.
- While cooking over low to medium heat, add dried onions and spices. Other spices may be added to taste.
- Once sauce is bubbling, allow sauce to simmer on low heat for a half hour or until sauce reaches desired thickness.