Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Good as a snack or as a cereal! High in GOOD fat and high in fiber.
- 946.36 ml old fashioned oats
- 118.29 ml wheat germ
- 59.14 ml sunflower seeds
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml salt (optional)
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 59.16 ml honey
- 118.29 ml water
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, pecans, brown sugar and salt (if using); mix well.
- In another bowl, mix the oil, honey, water and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread over a jelly-roll pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 300°F for 50-60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- The last 10-15 minutes add the raisins.
- The granola will brown as it cooks.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
This is a very good granola recipe. I make it with all organic and olive oil. My granddaughter just loves it too. I make it at least once a week to replace unhealthy snacks.
This is delicious! I did make a couple of changes. I substituted flax seed for sunflower seed and dark chocolate chips for raisins.
Fantastic! I added a little more honey the second time I made this. Also added 2 Tbls. Cocoa and coconut. This doesn't last in my house. Its a keeper!