- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, pecans, brown sugar and salt (if using); mix well.
- In another bowl, mix the oil, honey, water and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread over a jelly-roll pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 300°F for 50-60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- The last 10-15 minutes add the raisins.
- The granola will brown as it cooks.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.