Good as a snack or as a cereal! High in GOOD fat and high in fiber.
Make and share this Healthy Homemade Granola Cereal recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, pecans, brown sugar and salt (if using); mix well.
- In another bowl, mix the oil, honey, water and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread over a jelly-roll pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 300°F for 50-60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- The last 10-15 minutes add the raisins.
- The granola will brown as it cooks.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
This is a very good granola recipe. I make it with all organic and olive oil. My granddaughter just loves it too. I make it at least once a week to replace unhealthy snacks.
This is delicious! I did make a couple of changes. I substituted flax seed for sunflower seed and dark chocolate chips for raisins.
Fantastic! I added a little more honey the second time I made this. Also added 2 Tbls. Cocoa and coconut. This doesn't last in my house. Its a keeper!