Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy and good for you! Never buy those stale crumbly bars again! Try different nuts and fruits to change it up a bit.
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- pre-heat oven to 350F degrees.
- place 1st four ingredients on cookie sheet and toast in oven for 15 minutes.
- While that is toasting, add all other ingredients in large bowl and mix when complete.
- When oats and nuts are done toasting, let cool for 10 minutes so they don't melt the chocolate chips. While they cool, grease a 9x11 baking dish and line bottom with parchment paper or foil.
- mix all ingredients until well blended. spoon into baking dish and press down until flat and smooth (you will want to oil your hands so they dont stick).
- bake for 25 minutes. let cool for 5 minutes and cut along sides with knife or spatula and dump out onto a cutting board (parchment/foil will make it not stick to bottom). Cut into 12 bars. if they break apart, mold them back together. these will harden when fully cooled.