1/4 Photos of Healthy Herb-Pepper Sirloin Steak
At 146 delicious calories a serving this recipe is not only fast but healthy! The rub really complements the beef without masking it's flavors. Good for cheaper cuts of beef and to cut the calories. From Better Homes and Garden's Editor's pick for top ten Healthy Heart Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- fresh rosemary (optional)
- grilled sweet pepper (optional)
- 1Stir together catsup, black pepper, rosemary, basil, garlic powder, and, if desired, cardamom.
- 2Coat both sides of steak with catsup mixture.
- 3Grill steak on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 6 minutes. Turn steak; grill for 8 to 12 minutes more or until desired doneness.
- 4Cut into serving-size pieces. Garnish with fresh rosemary and serve with grilled sweet peppers, if desired.
- 5To grill by indirect heat: Arrange preheated coals around a drip pan in a covered grill. Test for medium heat above pan. Place steak on grill over drip pan. Cover and grill for 20 to 24 minutes or until desired doneness, turning steak once.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Herb-Pepper Sirloin Steak
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.3
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 119.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 25.1 g