Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Really yummy and chunky soup. More stew like the way I make it. Only one point for weight watchers!!!
- 1 lb ground round (I use morning star soy crumbles to make it veggie) or 1 lb turkey (I use morning star soy crumbles to make it veggie)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 3 bell peppers, chopped (I use green & red)
- 3⁄4 cup brown rice
- 2 cups beef broth
- 26 ounces tomato juice
- Using large saucepan.
- Brown ground meat of your choice in olive oil with onion and garlic.
- Chop the meat really small, drain.
- Add all other seasonings and ingredients.
- simmer for 1/2 hour.
this was really good. i made this soup especially for my 3yo dd because she absolutely loves bell peppers! the only changes i made were to triple the seasonings and i needed to add more beef bouillon. as for the rice, i made it up separately and let people add as much as they wanted upon serving (dd made it very clear she didn't want rice in her bell pepper soup!). i used v8 for the tomato juice. thanks so much for posting. this was enjoyed by everyone and i will make many more times. this reheated well the next day too! made for spring pac '10
Very Yummy! Perfect for a cold winters day. Thanks for sharing.