Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yummy quick bread or muffins. Makes 2 loaves of bread or 24 muffins. Great for breakfast or an afternoon snack. The bread even makes good toast.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups mangoes, diced (about 3 very ripe mangoes)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped or 1 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour two loaf pans or muffin tins.
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients; form a well in the center.
- Add all remaining ingredients, and incorporate into the dry ingredients, stirring until well combined.
- Pour mixture into bread pans or muffin pans and bake bread for 1 hour or muffins for 30 minutes.
This bread may be delicious (a friend of mine made it) but there's nothing healthy about it. With 2 cups of sugar and 1 and a half of oil, not to mention white flour...all are not healthy ingredients..So beware, just because it has mango in it don't be fooled! So maybe it should be called Yummy Hawaiian Mango Bread...but not Healthy! I give it 2 stars for yummy...