Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I wanted a sweet treat for my toddler that offered some nutritional value. Voila!
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- Combine sugar and applesauce.
- Add eggs and pumpkin.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add alternately to pumpkin mixture with water.
- Fold in raisins and carrots.
- Spoon into lined muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middles comes out clean.
These are absolutely AWESOME! I made these with dried cranberries instead of the raisins and used a whole wheat flour. I will definitely make these again :)
I made these just as directed and they turned out awesome! I love recipes that substitute applesauce for oil it really cuts the calories and they are delicious. Personally I would add more raisins next time but everything else worked out great. Cook time is perfect, I let one batch go a couple more minutes and ended up crisping the bottoms a little too much. Thanks!