Recipe by WI Cheesehead
I got this recipe from a Betty Crocker Cookies Brownies & Bars booklet. They are very healthy, moist and tasty. They don't spread, so be sure to flatten them before cooking. I altered it a little bit.
Top Review by internetnut
I'm not rating this recipe because I have not tried it. The copy of this recipe I have slightly different. The copy I have does not call for flax seed meal or wheat germ. Overall this recipe sounds good. I hope to try it soon. Thanks for posting this recipe! Christine (internetnut)
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup sucanat
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seed meal
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large all-purpose apple, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray cookies sheet with non-stick cooking spray (or use parchment paper).
- Beat sugar, sweet potatoes, margarine and egg in large bowl on medium speed until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake about 12 minutes or until no indentation remains when touched.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack.