1/2 Photos of Healthy Hamburger and Green Bean Soup
I make this thick comforting soup often for my family during the cold winter months. It is so fast and easy to fix and it is rather low in fat and calories. This makes 4 very large servings. To reduce sodium, you may use low sodium green beans if you prefer. I adapted this recipe from "Fast, Cheap and Easy," by JoAnna Lund. Condensed cream of tomato soup and condensed regular tomato soup are interchangeable in this recipe; no alterations necessary.The important part is that it is indeed a condensed version of tomato soup, as opposed to ready to serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 226.79 g lean ground beef
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of tomato soup (original version called for low fat or low sodium, I use regular)
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 354.88 ml water
- 158.51 ml instant rice, uncooked
- 425.24 g can cut green beans, rinsed & drained
- 9.85 ml dried parsley flakes
- 0.59 ml ground black pepper
- 1Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray.
- 2Brown beef and chopped onions over medium heat until cooked though; drain any fat.
- 3To the browned meat and onions, add the cream of tomato soup, tomato sauce, and water.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Add uncooked instant rice, green beans, parsley, and black pepper; stir well.
- 6Cover and reduce heat to low.
- 7Simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring once or twice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Hamburger and Green Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.2
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 1144.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 16.4 g