Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another news appear find...No author listed
- 15 ounces can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, garam masala, chili powder, divided (optional)
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups raw pumpkin seeds, cleaned and drained, but not patted dry
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries, dried cherries, raisins
- 3⁄4 cup roasted pistachios, peanuts, almonds or 3⁄4 cup cashews
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Dry the chickpeas thoroughly by spreading them on a large plate and patting them dry with kitchen towels. Transfer to a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp of oil, 1 tsp of the spice blend. If using, the salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the chickpeas are evenly coated, transfer them to a baking sheet and spread in a single layer. Bake on oven' s middle rack for 25-35 mins or until golden. Shake the sheet midway to toast other side.
- Reduce heat to 300.
- Arrange pumpkin seeds on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- .after toasted place pumpkin seeds in a fry pan over med heat with remaining tbsp oil. Stir 7-10 mins and add remaining seasoning mix.
- Cook until crispy.
- Transfer the seeds to the serving bowl. Add cranberries and pistachios and toss well.